Applicants must possess all of the following qualifications to be eligible:
- Citizenship of the Russian Federation
- An applicant must be ready to commit himself to returning to Russia upon completion of his/her studies and obtain employment with an organization registered in Russia in accordance with the gained qualification for a term of at least 3 years
- An applicant must be registered for the electronic queue on the official program website
- An applicant must provide a confirmation of his/her enrollment in the program from the list of foreign educational institutions approved by the Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation of June, 20, 2014, № 1094-p
- Police clearance certificate
- Certified copy of diploma (either Bachelor or Specialist)
- An applicant must confirm that as of the date of the registration on the official program website he has no grounds for the exemption from the employment obligations stipulated by Article 4 of the Program Refunds and Repayment Regulations.
How to participate
Here’s how it works:
- Register on the official program website and get the electronic queue number
- Complete and submit the online application form.
- Submit Supplemental documents (online, and certified copies of the originals).
- Competitive selection procedure, in accordance with the Rules and regulations of competitive selection
- The list of participants is approved by the Program Supervisory Board
- Sign the Agreement and get your grant
- Study at one of the leading higher education institutions (please make sure that your program is on the list; check our Official Documents webpage with a complete list of all the programs for each university)
- Choose the employing organization and location from the entire list of prospective employers. You need to work for your employer in accordance with the qualification gained for at least 3 years.
- The amount given to you must be repaid if you have violated the terms and conditions of the Program.
On-line registration opens - December, 11 2014
From December, 11 2014 – on-line registration, submission of your application materials, files processing by the program operator
To make sure that you have registered for the electronic queue, follow these steps
- To register for the electronic queue on the official program website you are to fill out the online application form and download Supplemental Documents.
- As soon as you have filled out the application form, you are given the date and the time of the registration which will serve as the basis for assigning you the queue number. When a queue date has been assigned it is a fixed date.
- All applications are assessed by the program operator to ensure they meet all the requirements of the program.
- Electronic queues are formed on the basis of 1) degree you are going to pursue (Master, PhD, medical residency training); 2) the program you have enrolled on (scientific, educational, medical and engineering programs, as well as management in the social sphere programs).
Rules and regulations of competitive selection
- Competitive selection is a merit based system
- Applications are assessed against the agreed selection criteria. They progress to a selection process only if the following requirements are met:
- An applicant has registered online, completed the application form and submitted all the supplementary documents on the official program website;
- An applicant provided certified copies of the supplemental documents;
- The program operator has checked an application package for accuracy, completeness, validity and authenticity of information, and has accepted it for processing.
- All applications are reviewed and evaluated by the experts in the respective fields of study and by the program operator in accordance with the Principles and procedures for competitive selection. The decisions are made on the basis of the following approved criteria:
- Work experience with the higher education institute in accordance with the qualification gained;
- Scientific publications in journals indexed either in Scopus or Web of science (for those who are applying within the quota set for the development of human resources in science);
- Current enrollment on the list of programs approved by the Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation of June 20, 2014 No. 1094-r
- The finalists of the competition become official participants of the program only after the list of the finalists has been approved by the Program Supervisory Board.
- 5. Those candidates who have failed to provide complete application package (online registration, submission of all the necessary documents along with the application and their certified copies) are not allowed to take part in a competition.
Grant Agreement and Funding
The finalists of the Program approved by the Program Supervisory Board will have to sign the Grant Agreement (Agreement on providing financial assistance as a means of social support under the terms of the Program) with the Program non-commercial organization, which is the essential prerequisite for the money transfer..
The Program non-commercial organization disburses grant funds either directly to the participant, or on behalf of the participant to his/her educational institution.
How to apply to foreign educational institutions
Make an early start! If you plan to apply for Fall semester start during the fall of the prior year (or even before). As Education USA put it, “If you plan to begin your program in the fall semester (August/September), start your research two years ahead of time”. Why? Most graduate schools start accepting applications about a year before the program’s start date. Allow yourself enough time to collect all the necessary documents and to take standardized tests which are offered by the certified centers located in the major Russian cities. You should contact your center to find out which dates they offer and when you are expected to get registered for the test.